Communicating with Families after TBI a webinar with Roberta DePompei, PhD.
Join us for a webinar on Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 10:00 AM PST.
Dr. DePompei is a speech-language pathologist who has a PhD in counseling psychology. Her main research has been on family response when a child sustains a TBI, communication, and school reintegration after TBI. This session will focus on family resilience, coping styles, social communication, and methods for including the family meaningfully when a child /adolescent sustains a brain injury.
Participants will discuss the following:
- What does a resilient family do that a family who is burdened does not do?
- What coping strategies are used by families?
- What social communication skills are needed to support families and what can we do about bullying of students with a disability?
- What communication behavior is primary in the therapist/teacher compared to the family?
- What can we learn from other families who have a member with a disability?
- How shall we include the family meaningfully?
Participants will be encouraged to actively provide information and solutions to questions.
PDU certificate available.