Staff TBI Skill Builder is a 14-module, on-line training program designed for frontline staff new to working with adults with brain injury across a range of settings (e.g., residential support programs, day programs). Skill Builder can also be used as a refresher course for staff with more experience working with this population.
Staff TBI Skill Builder takes approximately 3-5 hours to complete and is now available at no cost. Watch the introductory video below and sign up to access the course.
Sign up for Staff TBI Skill Builder! https://learn.cbirt.org/skillbuilder/
Trouble signing up? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Important Facts About Brain Injury
- Get to Know the Person
- Support Communication – Part I
- Support Communication – Part 2
- Support the Use of Memory Tools
- Support Cognition
- Support Access to Healthcare Providers, Activities of Daily Living and Wellness Routines
- Support Participation in Personally Meaningful Activities
- Build Positive Daily Routines
- Self-Care for Staff
- Understand the Reason for Challenging Behaviors
- Respond to Challenging Situations and Behaviors “In the Moment”
- Understand Conditions that Co-Occur with Brain Injury
- Practice Putting it All Together
Note: Skill Builder is not a stand-alone training program but is intended to complement other types of trainings (e.g., on-site trainings/learning communities, workshops, etc.).
A Certificate of Achievement is available upon successfully completing the program.
Funded by: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services -
National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR) [90IF0124-02-00]
Start date: October 1, 2016 -– September 2019
Project Director Laurie Powell, PhD
Co-Director: Ann Glang, PhD
Project Contact: email@example.com